Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63671 - 27/01/2002 14:13 Optimus -> Pioneer??
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm finally getting around to programming my Pronto. Unfortunately, the Pronto is literally the most valuable part of my HT system, and I'm having trouble finding codes for some of my stuff.

Was Radio Shack's Optimus brand a relabeled Pioneer? Or something else. I have an Optimus STAV-3780, and I'm hoping that someone's already made a setup for its counterpart (if any). Anyone know?

The real downside of owning cheaper and older equipment is the lack of discrete codes, generally making macros much less effective.

*edit* is there also another name for Quasar? I can't find anyone who has made codes for Quasar TVs, yet I know lots of people who have them, and all their remotes are the same! *edit*

Edited by DiGNAN17 (27/01/2002 14:25)

#63672 - 27/01/2002 16:40 Re: Optimus -> Pioneer?? [Re: Dignan]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Jebus, you have a really interesting choice of gear there. Pronto for a Quasar TV. That's like being homeless and driving a Ferrari.

You might look at stuff from Jutan International Limited (JIL) aka Candle. Realistic, etc.

Do you still have the remotes for these devices? Doesn't the current ProntoEdit allow you to pull discrete codes back from your learned setup? Then you'd just learn the codes and then pull them back off to assemble your macros. Or if you've lost the remotes, many universals should have built-in support for a lot of those products. Just see if you can borrow one from someone you know. Or buy a cheap one if you can verify it supports what you want.

I'm assuming of course that you're also familiar with Daniel Tonks' www.remotecentral.com, right? Great resource.

Bruno

#63673 - 27/01/2002 19:33 Re: Optimus -> Pioneer?? [Re: Dignan]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Most Optimus A/V equipment is rebadged Pioneer stuff. But, I had an RCA LaserDisc player that was a rebadged Pioneer and universal remotes didn't work. Go figure.

#63674 - 27/01/2002 23:34 Re: Optimus -> Pioneer?? [Re: hybrid8]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Haha, yeah, I've got interesting stuff. But oh no, the Quasar is the second TV. My main TV is a Mitsubishi 45". Want a real shocker? It's over 17 years old! It's lasted 3 moves, one of which was 160 miles. Amazing.

Anyway, the problem I've seen is that most of my stuff just simply doesn't have discrete codes. I have all the original remotes for everything.

remote central is where I've gotten the CCF's I've used. I've been using it for about a year now. great site

#63675 - 27/01/2002 23:40 Re: Optimus -> Pioneer?? [Re: Dignan]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
My main TV is a Mitsubishi 45". Want a real shocker? It's over 17 years old!

Man I bet that cost a ton 17 years old ! is it a rear projection ?

Matt